Thursday, October 6, 2011

I love 13.1

Just a few months ago the thought of running 1 mile was daunting.  Thanks to some inspiration from my Florida friend Michelle, on Saturday I completed my first half marathon, 13.1 miles!  Back in June I found a training program for beginners.  http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm  
I highly recommend this program.  I not only completed the half marathon in 2 hours and 36 minutes, but I also actually felt good the entire race and after the race.  I never thought I would say it, but I love 13.1!

We picked up our race packets at Disney's Wide World of Sports

I ran the race with Michelle and her cousin and friends.
Michelle, me, Meghan, Amanda, Josh

Waiting for the race to begin.  We ran from Wide World of Sports, to Animal Kingdom, and then to Epcot for the finish.

Mission accomplished!


Back home with the kids.  They loved the medal.

3 comments:

  1. Sara, this is such an accomplishment and so cool! Are you going to get a 13.1 sticker for your car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Theresa! I was so tempted to buy a sticker at the expo before the race! I didn't, but I've looked at them on amazon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat, Sarah! Thanks so much for sharing about it. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete